Sunday, June 11, 2006

Hot Hot Hot

It's been scorching here this weekend! 30 degrees this afternoon! Hope it's been as nice where you are. ( My Australian reader need not comment...) I have to be a bit careful in the sun with the chemo treatment but it's nothing that a big hat and Factor 40 can't deal with.

The Garden Project progresses as you can see. Trellis up and the bed fully planted now. I've moved the table to the other corner ( gets more sun) and have ordered a bench for that space at the end.

I'm really pleased with it. J came over last night and we had a lovely evening out there listening to The Moody Blues ( a long story...) and drinking too much white wine.

It's been a good weekend. Chemo IX on Friday ( that's 9/24 or 3/8ths...) and then up to Newcastle on the train to meet my brother A who was up here for the weekend working. Nice to see him. We began a tentative plan for me to go down and stay with them in August so that I can finally see my new nephew. ( And Natty of course!) I'll probably tack it onto a stay at mum and G's new flat in Cornwall. Hopefully J can come down with me for a few days too.

Side effects are OK this weekend - sort of hard to tell what's chemo and what's hangover actually... Got a check up with Dr Coxon in the morning.

ho hum - I feel a nap coming on...

No comments: