Friday, June 09, 2006

Anne Armstrong

I don't usually name people on this blog directly but I'd like to on this occasion.

Anne was a colleague at the LSDA when I worked there and was the manager of a large support programme for colleges and other providers. She and I worked very closely together as I ran the regional infrastructure that she needed to deliver her programme. We were very different personalities and didn't always get on, but we always got to where we needed to be in the end. She was completely committed to her work - I'm not always. Maybe that was the difference.

Anne was receiving chemotherapy for breast cancer ( following surgery) during the last year and when I told about my cancer she was incredibly warm and supportive. Her chemo was far more radical than mine but she continued to work as much as possible throughout her treatment. I think it was just her way. When I last saw her, she had heard that she would need further treatment.

While I was away at the conference this week, I heard that Anne had died on Monday.

'God bless...

I've been bloody lucky really, haven't I...?

No comments: