Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Check Up

I've just heard that Mr Bain my consultant wants to see me on Wednesday. I've had some soreness for the last few weeks so I mentioned the symptoms to my stoma nurse last week and she said she'd raise it with him. I think they may be worried that the abscess has returned - although I don't have a temperature. This is precautionary they say.

But I am worried nonetheless. Things were going so well.

I'm afraid that last night my mind ran riot. Not a good thing to do I know but sometimes the underlying fears just sneak out. Better this morning - it's another sunny day...

I haven't gone to Birmingham today as planned but I still hope get the train down to London on Wednesday evening. Of course, if it's something that needs attention, then I may not go to London at all.

Up and bloody down eh?

2 comments:

astephens33 said...

Just wanted to let you know we're rooting for you. The chemo effects us mentally, as well as physically. I'm always amazed at how many things I can obsess about.

The Apologist said...

Thanks Ann - appointment is this afternoon. I'll keep everyone posted.