Saturday, June 17, 2006

Living Life

So. Saturday morning again. A lovely bright sunny day - one for the Big Hat! I've just had my breakfast out in the garden - it's beginning to look really nice, just how I wanted it. Already I'm thinking of things I'll do differently next year, but it's a good start. One interesting thing that I realised yesterday was that the corner with the bench in it has a curious quietness about it. I hadn't intended it that way but I sort of understand why it's happened. I'm glad it's like that.

Chemo X yesterday. And yes, I finally checked - it is thirty treatments not twenty-four! Damn! So that one was 10/30 or 1/3 ( again...). It's going to be a long summer... Hopefully I'll deal with the nausea a bit better this weekend.

Good work day on London on Thursday - seeing one smallish tender out of the door - and hearing that we've got a pitch for the first one my team put in last week. It's on Monday - so much rushing around to get the team up here ( the job would be NE based...) for then. So many blokes, so many childcare issues to sort.... But the job is worth nearly 1/4 million over two years so it would be great to have. But we're up against some stiff competition. It won't be easy. Going to try to clear my mind of that this weekend.

Came back to a compilation CD from B, J's eldest daughter. Some new music she thought I might like. Isn't that great! She's class - as is her sister ( curently working in Greece) - and of course, their mum! Who will hopefully be up here tonight or in the morning.

And so to my day.

No comments: