Monday, June 12, 2006

Slow Monday

I don't know what it is but I've woken up this morning feeling distictly grim - faint, sick and spacy. Feels like a chemo side effect to me but I don't know why it should have chosen today to kick in - I've been pretty much OK over the weekend, although the new antisickness drug they gave me this week hasn't been as good as the one the week before. When I saw Dr Coxon's Registrar this morning ( a nice man - I just didn't catch his name) I mentioned it and he said that the earlier one can cause severe constipation, even for The Bagged like me. So we agreed I'd stay on the current one but could take a bit more if I wanted to - see how that works.

Apart from that they seem happy with my progress, although I have this horrible feeling that actually the treatment will be 30 weeks not 24 which will knock my weekly percentages to pot. I haven't asked, mainly for not wanting to know. But I think it's partly to do with the number of treatments - if I was having monthly chemo it would be 6 X monthly treatments of 5 = 30 but as I'm weekly, 6 months of weekly treatments is only 24 or so - allowing for 5 week months and the like. I suppose I should just ask and get it clarified eh?

Anyway today I feel shite and so Working At Home is er..somewhat flexible. I just need to take it easy today. They'll get the work out of me anyway during the week - Birmingham tomorrow, then London for two days.

No comments: