Friday, August 11, 2006

Eatin's Cheatin...

A busy day in London and rail transport all very busy because of the plane scare. I was over at Canary Wharf for a meeting with a client. Amazing - I haven't been there since I worked for the Development Corporation there in the early nineties. Even more amazing were the clients - I can't beleive people really talk in such a weird language all the time. Best line of all was when I made a comment about catching a bite to eat before heading back up North. "Eatin's Cheatin'!" they chorussed as one. I'm not sure they were joking.

Got back up home in time for my 6 weekly haircut and facial. Bliss! A nice end to a week where I've felt human again.

Slept like a log and up sharp this morning for the blood test they forgot to do on Wednesday. A busy work day at home and then back for Chemo XIV ( that's 16/30 or er... 8/15ths... ) in the afternoon. I think they may have been listening to me because they've cut my dose by 25%. I'm glad about that - I don't want feel too grim - J and I are playing on computers this weekend...

But at least it's the last treatment for a fortnight while I'm on holiday from next Friday. Here's hoping for an easy ride!

And plenty of eatin...

1 comment:

The Apologist said...

And you Jules - great to have another one ticked off eh? Gotta keep on keeping on..