Sunday, November 12, 2006

In Neutral

It's official - I now wear glasses for reading! After two years of denial ( and a pair of cheap off the shelf glasses) I had an eye test yesterday which confirmed what I've known for a while. So I put in an order for some real prescription reading glasses which'll be ready by the time I come out of hospital.

A lovely evening with J yesterday. She's been suffering with a tooth abscess which is really painful but it was so good to see her. We played around editing videoclips to go with a piece she's written ( until the software complained - you know how it just goes flaky through overuse? Fine again this morning) and then went out for a nice pub meal.

The stoma has been playing up a bit - sore and achy. The nurse a few days ago thought that it may have herniated a bit which would probably explain things. But its days are numbered...

Today has been quiet (S suggested that it might be like being "In Neutral" - a good description) with calls/emails to friends and family and thinking about what to pack for hospital. (All those trousers I'll be able to wear again afterwards!)

I have to call the hospital at lunchtime tomorrow to find out about my bed so I'll blog in tomorrow morning before I go.

But I'm feeling good.

No comments: