Sunday, November 05, 2006

Catching Up

A quiet day at home on Saturday - a chat with my mum on the phone in the morning and then shopping. But I got very low in the afternoon. Bored and lonely. Not sure what that was about.

In the evening I went out for a meal with my friends C & M ( C is my former boss and M a former work colleague) and some friends of theirs. The chat was great but I'm afraid the meal and the service were a bit disappointing. Ah well.

Today, catching up on stuff at home and a nice call to my friend S in Greece. ( You remember- they were over in the summer?)

A blowy autumnal day here so (other) friend S ( I know, it's confusing - not sure why I started this convention of not naming my friends on here) and I went for a walk around Durham and chatted over cups of tea at her place as it grew dark.

Funny, I was emailing another friend earlier and she said that because she's returning to the States after 30 odd years here, she's got a kind of " last chance to do this before I go .." feeling about things. I've got something similar with my feelings pre op - a weird mixture of "My last chance to do X for a few weeks " - and " When I next do this/talk to this person, I'll be really on the road to recovery!"

No comments: