Thursday, February 16, 2006

Home Alone

Thanks for all your good wishes - sorry I don't get to reply to all of them always but I do read them all.

Mum and G went home this morning - bless em, they've been up for nearly a fortnight and, in spite of my earlier misgivings, it's been nice to have them here for my first few days at home. As well as getting my meals cooked and generally having some company, it's meant that I can ask them to move any heavy things around for me - and G has been brilliant with sorting little DIY jobs about the place. The man is a genius - as well as sorting my hot water problem (which had defeated two sets of plumbers), I now have a new stair banister ( indispensable) - and new wall lights, and doors that shut and a back gate that doesn't stick. Oh - and some plastered holes that I'd not even noticed needed doing!

Healthwise I think I'm getting slowly stronger - certainly eating OK ( still don't feel like drinking alcohol at all though..) - and the stoma is fine. Having a few problems with er...leakage from my bottom ( fellow ostomy people will understand..) but I'm finding ways to manage that.

Sleeping OK but need to be up at least twice a night to sort the bag which can be annoying when I've got myself comfy and am in a deep sleep. Stoma Nurse Sue did a home visit this morning and seemed pleased.

J over tonight - it'll be great to see her. It's my birthday tomorrow ( 47!) and hopefully we're going to go up to Warkworth overnight on Friday to stay at The Sun Hotel and have a low key birthday stroll on the dunes and a nice dinner. Maybe a chance to get some photos taken too - get some more interesting stuff up on flickr again.

This is still living after all...

2 comments:

astephens33 said...

I am so glad that you're home. Sorry the recovery is taking so long. Thanks for keeping up the blog, its inspirtational to me.

Ann

The Apologist said...

Thanks everybody!