Thursday, February 23, 2006

Spoke too soon! (II)

Well - after my optimistic posting yesterday lunchtime, I'm afraid things went in to a decline as the day went on. The pain stayed at bay but the the stoma contents got more and more liquid and over the course of the evening I had to replace the bag 3 times. And I mean "replace" not " empty " - it just kept leaking and coming off.

It was so depressing - I just didn't feel I could trust it all. J was over and she was great - really supportive - but it worried both of us. As I was pretty sure that it was the Diclofenac that was causing it, I came off that and went back on codeine overnight. The last bag of the night held OK and although I had a somewhat nervous night, it was still fine in the morning and things had become less fluid.

Of course, my bottom was hurting again...

J had to go off to a meeting in London this morning and left at about 7.00am so I just waited for Sue the Stoma Nurse to show up - at about 11.30 am. I told her the full story and she said she was in a way less concerned about the pain, than what was causing it after all this time. So she pulled a few strings and within about 10 minutes I was talking to Mr Bain my consultant who said it sounded like he should have a look at it in the hospital tomorrow.

So - it looks like I'm going back in for a day or two for them to check things out - he said to pack an overnight bag. I can't say I'm looking forward to it - but this has been going on for a while and I need to sort things out - and that really does mean going in.

I've also felt very tired today - and of course a bit low, but I'm beginning to pack myself a bag for tomorrow and have arranged a taxi for the morning.

Off we go again then - I'll be in touch when I can.

1 comment:

zombizi said...

Oh, menage - sorry to hear that things are not going smoothly and I don't want to sound platitudinous, but things will take a bit of time to settle down - I hope the overnight stay is okay, and you'll be out soon.