Thursday, April 05, 2007

Who wears the trousers?

Back home after three days away.

I hit a kind of brick wall when I got in last night. Just absolutely exhausted. The hernia had/has grown a bit. I had/have a sore neck, I couldn't think straight and ( of course) couldn't sleep either...

Today was purposefully very slow. Workwise, I did what I had to do and no more.

Later I picked Alfie up from the kennels after nearly three weeks in there. He berated me loudly in the car, went apesh*t around the house, slept solidly for two hours and now it's like he's never been away. All he really wants is a person.

And before that, I had my pre-op Hospital Assessment. It was fine - after all, I've done this twice before in the last year or so. The only bad news is that I've put on a stone since November. (Well, actuallly, it's bad news from my POV - the hospital are pleased. But they don't have to buy the new trousers…. ) Nurse Mel thinks I'll be in for three or four days.

No comments: