Wednesday, April 11, 2007

On Reflection

My day in Brum is about to begin. It's warm and sunny - not a good day to be in the office wearing a suit and tie! Back home tonight.

So far, this trip has been fine - the inevitable urgent-thing-no-one-told-me-about to get sorted - but I think that goes with the job, and I'm actually quite good in those situations.

But the bagdrag to the station yesterday and to the hotel last night and in this morning has made me realise that once I've had the hernia op, none of it will be possible for a few weeks. I foolishly imagined that I would be back at work a week after the op - just having " to be a bit careful". Silly.

I'm now telling people to expect me to be off for at least a fortnight. I need to recover properly this time - and certainly after the reconnection, I know I went back too soon.

ho hum - have I just had an attack of Sense? It'll never last...

No comments: