Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Inconstant Gardener

For weeks, I've been looking out at my increasingly weedful back yard ( my pride and joy) and feeling guilty about not getting out there and doing something about it. And also feeling guilty that I might be using my hernia as an excuse - after all, it rarely hurts, just aches a bit...

So today, Alfie and I went out there in the sunshine and did some basic weeding - me hoeing and him, scrabbling.

Twenty minutes into it I had to stop ( should have stopped after ten really) as I had the most awful back and stomach ache. It seems to have eased now.

Daft S*d - you may think ( A theme for this week I reckon...) - but I had to try. And the garden does look better.

Ah well - who's up for a hoeing party? ( A Hoe Down? ed )

Taking it easy now - a bit of gentle Warcraft I think....

No comments: