Sunday, February 18, 2007

Birthday!


HMV
Originally uploaded by Menage a Moi.
Birthday

I've had a lovely 48th Birthday weekend with J - lots of presents and cards ( 17 - I er..counted ) and a great time working on images for her current poetry collection yesterday. As you can see, we even made it for a walk in the sunshine with Alfie - and if you think, last year on my birthday I could hardly walk!

Alfie's starting to show his character a bit more now. On the first night J was here, he wouldn't let her back in the room until I said it was OK! And he has adopted the blanket that she gave him as his toy - he loves playing tug with it. He's great fun - just wants to please, but gets a bit confused as to how to do that sometimes...

In the evening we went out for a pub meal and then to the Fishtank in Durham to see a covers band called Skint. They were OK - always good to see blokes my age having such a great time - but after about an hour of them - and a realisation that most of the songs they played were identical ( So were the originals: ed) - we left.

It's now late Sunday afternoon ( J went home this morning) and I'm feeling nice and relaxed (just been out for a walk with Alfie ) and I'm still off till Wednesday!

I'm also beginning to think that the treatment Mr Bain suggested might just be working! I'm still free from soreness and going to the toilet less often.

No comments: