Sunday, February 04, 2007

Geekend

Well - I had the quiet weekend I wanted - but I don't think I expected to spend so much of it in front of the computer! But in a good way...

It all started after a power cut here on Friday. When I went to restart my PC, my Firefox browser had crashed and all my bookmark settings and plug-ins had been lost - three years of history!

Rather than restore them all on the PC I decided to use that as an excuse to transfer my browsing more over to the iMac. (I've been using it for that intermittently but as it's mainly for video editing I hadn't really wanted to distract myself with the web.. ) That all went well ( Camino feels much more stable - and there are safeguards you can build in.) and then I just spent hours on the mac updating and installing applications, trying to remember how to build websites and well, just playing. ( You can see see some of the history of that on my Twitter box at the bottom of the sidebar - just click on the downward triangle.) It's my birthday in about a fortnight and J is coming over for a geekend to do video and webstuff ( as well as take me for a nice meal!) and so some of the stuff I was doing was to check that I could remember things for that.)

It was brilliant! ( If you like that sort of thing - Ed) The mac feels much more like my main machine now - I'll always need a PC for Outlook ( I need to sync Tasks and Contacts to my ipaq and although there are mac solutions, they're still a bit crumbly.) but for most other stuff the mac is much much better.



But now - it's Sunday lunchtime and I need some fresh air!

No comments: