Saturday, February 10, 2007

Bonding

Back yesterday afternoon after most of the week away in London with work. A hard week - but enjoyable in a worky sort of way. J came down on Thursay night and we went to see The Decemberists play at the Shepherds Bush Empire. A great night - pictures here and videoclips here. Then some birthday shopping for next weekend and the train back up through the snow. We had a quick turnaround and then out last night to hear Michael Heller read. It was a bit hard to keep my brows that high after a long week but it was still enjoyable.

And today...

Well - today I got Alfie! Picked him up this morning and brought him home. We spent about an hour following each other around the house and then staring at each other but now he ( and I) seem to have settled a bit. He's just lying here at my feet as I write. Already I've sat down far more on a Saturday than I usually would - if I move, he jumps up and looks worried - so that has to be a good thing. More about all that over the next few days I'm sure.

Healthwise, it's a bit strange at the moment. I feel pretty much OK in myself but I'm still rather sore and I'm pretty sure I've got a hernia at my operation site. Apparently they're not that unusual ( I really have tried to take care - honest!) and it doesn't hurt at all but I'm aware of an odd lump that shouldn't be there. I'm seeing Mr Bain on Wednesday so I'll just leave it till then ( and be very careful) - unless it starts hurting of course... Just have to see what he says.

So - back to my dog then...

2 comments:

Ne7erwinter said...

Oh.. I just happened to be around and I am really sorry for your health conditions.. Take care, and congratulations on getting your new dog. :)

The Apologist said...

Thanks - nice of you to drop in!