Saturday, February 24, 2007

Diligence

A long day in Coventry yesterday pitching for more work - we'll hear on Tuesday. As I got back home at about 9.00 pm on Friday evening, there was a salutary reminder that some travellers didn't....

This morning I picked up Alfie from the kennels. He was pleased to see me and after a mad half hour, he settled like he hadn't been away! The rest of the day has been spent quietly and diligently tidying the house up - I suddenly decided that it looked like a tip this morning. It looks slightly less like one now.

Am slowly getting used to the Blackberry but was surprised that it seemed harder than I thought it should be to get set up with email and web-browsing - I just couldn't get a data connection. Several calls to the Vodafone Helpline later and some Googling myself led me to discover that I have to buy a seperate data plan to go on the internet! The plan I've just upgraded to ( that comes with the Blackberry) er... doesn't include data transfer... I'm annoyed, as I specifically asked about this when I ordered it. And of course, no-one is around on a Saturday afternoon to sort this. I pity the poor s*d who gets my call on Monday morning!

The hernia is still uncomfortable - lying down is such a relief! But the other soreness has been fine for three days now so, apart from the bloated feeling that I was told to expect from the Fybogel, ( swings and roundabouts eh?) I think that that may be sorted.

No comments: