Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Word Of God

I saw Mr Bain this afternoon. He said he thought I looked well, in spite of what I told him about my problems. He checked me over and said that the surgery is healing well, but I definitely have a hernia and so will need to go into hospital ( provisionally mid-April) for a minor op to sort that. ( He seemed more concerned that it might be his surgery rather than my abuse that might have caused it...)

And he said that the soreness and bleeding is basically caused by going to the toilet too much - he said he'd be the same if he was going as much as me! So I've been prescribed something to slow me down - I know that some of my readers have suggested that before. Have to see how it goes.

I asked about exercising and he said that that was fine - "If the hernia pops out, just pop it back
in again!" - so I'm going to start back with running - hopefully this weekend. That'll give Alfie a shock when he comes back on Friday!

They also did a blood test to check my markers - I think they only call me if there's something wrong, but expect a lot of number obsessing over the next few years...

Overall I feel upbeat as a result of the appointment. As I hoped, I feel signed off from the surgery now and can get on with things. J said later that it's funny how we complain when doctors act like God, but actually that's also what we want them to be sometimes.

Another trip away tomorrow - Coventry this time. And then off for a few days!

No comments: