Thursday, December 07, 2006

One Year On

When I started this blog over a year ago I said that it wouldn't always be nice. I've kept it fairly safe for a long time I know.

But that All Bran thing today was SO stupid! I've spent most of the evening on the loo and in a lot of discomfort - not much expectation of a full sleep tonight. Only myself to blame but I still feel let down - Lord knows by whom. The Powers That Be...?

Tomorrow is the first anniversary of being told I had cancer. J and I in that little room with Mr B. The whole treatment thing laid out. And now, a year later I've done it - not always with good grace - but I did it. Radiotherapy. Surgery. Ileostomy. More surgery. Chemotherapy. Reversal.

Maybe that's why it's so hard to be stoic at the moment - I want to get on with my life now. I expect that I should be able to - and yet I know there's so much more to go.

This is the hardest bit of all - trying to return to full normality. Being patient.

2 comments:

The Apologist said...

Thanks Jools. The whole thing was based on my fundamental misunderstanding of fibre and when you need it. I thought you took it when you were er.. MORE fluid rather than the opposite! My own fault - back to crisps, bananas and jelly babies for me!

The Apologist said...

Thanks Peter - porridge it is then. All my friends seem to be very grateful for the laugh this episode has given them though - many comments along the lines of "You mean , you didn't know what All Bran did...!