Saturday, December 02, 2006

Home Alone

Mum and G went home earlier this morning and later, J. She and I went into Durham this morning to try to get me some new trousers for work ( I've er... temporarily put on a bit of weight and I just need to be comfortable at the moment ) but there wasn't anything I liked and anyway it was chocca with Christmas Shoppers. ( That's it - I'm doing it all online this year! )

Last night we went to hear Elaine Feinstein read in Durham - she was excellent. Mum was hoping to come but her leg is still playing up and it would have been a bit too much for her.

So now I'm at home on my own - looking forward to a quiet weekend and will decide tomorrow how, if and to what extent I'm going to go back to work next week. I want to start re-engaging with it but I don't really want to dive straight back in at the deep end.

But I'm definitely feeling a lot better now - I think that I improve when I'm moving around a bit more. It's not very comfortable trying to hold off going to the loo so often but it is beginning to get easier. I felt I had a positive bounce in my step in Durham earlier!

The other thing I've just realised is that I've been keeping this blog for a year as of yesterday! Amazing. At some point soon I feel that I have to decide how long I'm going to keep this particular blog regularly updated. When do I decide that I'm postcancer and so a cancerblog isn't really appropriate.? ( Sad to say, I think I've got the blogging bug so I won't stop doing it - I'll either just resume the old one or start something new.)

Certainly not quite yet - maybe the new year?

No comments: