Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Battered Hero...

A successful week at work - I won more money for the firm and so I am the Hero Of The Hour - but it's also exhausting. I've just embarked on a series of regional consultation events with teenagers on the educational reforms that will soon affect them big time.

It's very hard work - apart from the travelling (Newcastle today and Sheffield tomorrow. Newcastle was easy anyway...) there's also the fronting events for 70 teenagers and their teachers, supporting my team, problem solving, schmoozing. And still seven more to go...

Not easy with a hernia - and Other Soreness. Yes - that's back again. I've tried everything this week - careful diet and no alcohol for five days. Hasn't made any difference. I'm going to have to go back to the doctor.

And as I'm really not at home much for the next fortnight, Alfie is in the kennels. He's with me at the weekend, but in again next week. I knew it would be like this month but that doesn't make it any easier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Simon,

My pal Ernie has ongoing problems with health and has been getting him down. One of the things is the heart and breathing problems, some days it's good others bad. But he also has had an eye problem, backwards and forwards to the eye clinic and still they could not find anything wrong. This was the main thing that got him down because it gave him constant irritation.

Anyway at his last heart check up, the eye was really bad, so he went off to the eye clinic, who told him he must make an appointment. But he persisted and did get an appointment that day. The consultant had two students with him at the time; they found that although the irritation was on the lower eye lid, it was caused by an eye lash from the upper lid growing incorrectly. It was quickly plucked out and the irritation quickly went. He feels better all round now.

Maybe the point that I am making is that once your hernia pain is sorted you will feel better because the constant pain is not getting you down.

All the best
Peter

The Apologist said...

Thanks guys - I appreciate your thoughts and comments. Ironiocally it's not been quite so bad today.