Sunday, January 27, 2008

Gearing Up

As well as a trip to Holland with work this week, things have really started picking up on the new house purchase. What that actually means is that:

  • the vendor and I are bickering over Central Heating Service Contract
  • my dampness surveyor had to cancel because he had a bad chest...
  • everyone tells me that completion will be Very Soon but no-one can tell me When
  • I remembered how completely baffled I am over what it is exactly that solicitors do for the huge fees they demand.
Oh - and after no interest at all in my current property for three months, I had someone come and look at the weekend. And I also got a laughably low offer from a couple who viewed in September. No way...

ho hum

However, the highlight of the week was definitely going over with J to a local studio to record some of her poems. Maybe we'll use them to go with videos or to post online - or maybe even a CD to sell at readings?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine had problems on exchanging contracts. He went to the soliciters on a Tuesday and said that if it wasn't completed by Thursday he wanted the other solicitrs licence on the table by Friday morning.

The solicitor said he couldn't do that because the other one was his mate! In that case I want both of the licences on the table on Friday morning.

The exchange went ahead very quickly then.

The Apologist said...

Yes - I think I might rapidly be getting to that sort of point. It would also help if my solicitor could spell...

Garry Nixon said...

That dampness surveyor should have known to wear a vest, going around damp places...