Sunday, December 09, 2007

Made It!

Blimey! It's been a busy weekend! I took the day off on Friday and got all my Christmas Shopping done in Newcastle. ( and a new suit for yourself - ed) Then out with friends in the evening on The Curry Train before staying over in Newcastle.

On Saturday I got the train to London ( sad to see the end of GNER) so I could see one of my favourite bands The Mountain Goats play live at the Union Chapel in Islington. They were superb! And best of all they played "I'm going to make it through this year", the song that has been one of the anthems of my illness - and on the second anniversary of being told I had cancer too.

I thought about me and J in that little room with my consultant. Not sure how I feel about that now - it's like it's a dream I had once.

I left the hotel fairly early on Sunday morning and now I'm home again and contemplating my week to come :(

No comments: