Thursday, May 24, 2007

Good to be home

The trip away went fairly well - but I did find it even more tiring than I'd imagined. The problem was lugging the overnight bag on and off trains - it wasn't that heavy but was awkward and made me feel vulnerable in case I hurt myelf. And if the scar wasn't hurting the other soreness came on… In the end I decided to get taxis everywhere - it cost me a small fortune but was easier in ( and on..) the end...

But of course, I also met up with J in London and we had a great night seeing The National and a bit of time on Oxford Street before I had to go into work on Wednesday morning. That made it all worth while.

And today I was up early working so that I could pick up Alfie from the kennels when they opened. Going to see my mum in Hereford this weekend so I want to leave at lunchtime tomorrow - that's meant a harder work day but worth it.

Tonight out for a nice meal with S & A to celebrate my photo sale.

3 comments:

Jools said...

Hi there

call from my surgeon yesterday - the CT scan results are normal, i.e: no signs of cancer in lungs, abdomen or pelvis, So that's it for the next 11 months & 2 weeks when I will go through it all again. My life suddenly opens up & I have mixed feelings of cautious happiness, tempered with knowing that I have another 4 years to go before a cure can be pronouced.

Good to read that all is going so well for you

Cheers

Jules

The Apologist said...

That's brilliant news, Jules! Realluy really pleased for you. How will you celebrate?

Jools said...

Hi

Good question - that my wife & I have been kicking around Obviously, we are delighted - but we are not out of the woods yet (something our non cancer friends cannot grasp)- at 5 years i will do something big.

For now - we just talked a lot and I ran a half marathon yesterday in 2:03 - last time 1:55 - so something to improve upon. Now - off to a wedding in this rather cool weather. I hope it mostly inside - brrrrrr

Take care

Jules