Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Deflated!

Although I wasn't exactly looking forward to the appointment with Mr Bain the consultant today, I was keen for it to happen so that I could get some answers.

But it was cancelled! I turned up in plenty of time to a waiting area full of people. As mine was the last appointment of the day, I knew something was up. The receptionist said that he had had to go to theatre for an emergency and although I was welcome to wait er... - at that point she just looked at all the people and raised her eyebrows...

A new appointment - April! I can't (and won't) wait that long so I'll give Alison the ColoRectal Nurse a call tomorrow and see what she can do for me. I should be able to get something sooner than that.

So now I'm home, I just feel deflated. It's like I just begin to feel I have some control over my life and then it's snapped away. All in their good time - not mine....

It's like I haven't been signed off yet.

No comments: