Sunday, April 27, 2008

Settling In

I'm just over a week in the new house now and I must say I'm really enjoying it! The house and I are taking some time to get to know each other before I make huge decisions about what goes where - but the basics are sorted: Kitchen. Bedroom. Internet. Office. Alfie. ( Alfie - after a fashion. We're having a huge battle about where he sleeps at the moment. He's winning...)

I joined a gym last weekend and went for my fitness assessment yesterday. The reassuring stuff was that I'm only about a stone over what I should be ( I thought it was a lot more than that) and my resting heart rate is good.

The downside was that my blood pressure is sky high! I'm really surprised by that. Throughout my illness, my BP always returned to a very normal normal no matter what they did to me. However, about a month ago the nurse at the surgery took my BP and it was up - but when I went last week, it was back to normal. Maybe it's just the stress of the move?

Anyway the upshot is that the gym say that I can't start my programme until I get a note from doctor saying it's OK. Something to get sorted this week.

No comments: