Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Moving On

So.

Just about my last night in this house. Tomorrow I'm in Birmingham and then on Thursday the removers come to pack me up. On Friday everything ends up the new house. Hopefully.

Alfie's left already - to the kennels and back to our new home at the weekend.

I've been happy in this house mostly. It's been the first I've owned on my own. And the first one I've chosen. J and I have had so many happy laughing times here.

But it's also the one where I discovered I was ill and where I spent uncomfortable ( and sometimes traumatic) months recovering.

And it's the last house of mine my mum ever saw - that makes me very sad. I recall how she struggled the last time she was here.

All in all mixed feelings about leaving then. But I feel good about the new place. It feels light and spacious and open.

I hope to match its mood from now on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My best wishes and Good Luck on the move Simon.

Hope everything goes smoothly. I expect that Alphie will be also looking forward to settling down in the new place.

Peter

The Apologist said...

Thanks Peter. Alfie's the lucky one. He just comes back when it's all done...