Sunday, June 17, 2007

Catch Up

I just realised that it's been a week since I updated this. It wasn't actually conscious but I am beginning to wonder whether I still want to be regularly updating a cancer-related blog when I'm trying to move on from that. I won't just drop it though - but I may think about moving over to the old blog for day to day stuff ( have to update the design a bit though!) and just keep this one for occasional health updates. I'll let you all know if I do though.

Anyway. It's been a busy week with work but my health seems to have been OK generally - some days have more trips to the toilet than others or I'm a bit more sore but all manageable.

Nice to get an email from Ian my Cancer Voice. He was really helpful when I was deciding about chemo. I think I might find out about becoming one myself - it feels like there has to come a point when one feels that cancer is more er.. behind you than in front, if you see what I mean.

2 comments:

Jools said...

hi there

I was called by my surgeon last night - he explained that the all clear he gave me a few week ago had caveats & yesterday the great & the good of the oncology world had reviewed my CT scans. Now there is nothing he wants me to worry about and he (& his colleagues) are being cautious - but there are three 3mm nodules (granulomas) on the lower lobe of my left lung. Probably, they have been there for some time, scarring caused by some forgotten chest infection, but because of my young age & the severity of the primary cancer (mucinous adenocarcioma) they are going to do another chest CT scan in August.

It probably will be fine, but it could be the early signs of metatastic lung cancer - we don't know & won't know until September - so guys, the cancer bubble is back & life is thrown sharply into perspective.

Ho hum

Jules

The Apologist said...

Really sorry to hear that Jules - it's the thing at the back of all of our minds.

Thinking of you

Simon