Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sorting

I'm just back after an overnight trip down to Hereford to help my brothers and G sort some of my mum's stuff . It's something that none of us were looking forward to but we knew it had to be done.

O & A and I had a nice night in the pub on Saturday talking a bit about the future and mum's house ( which we now own) and a lot about the past - but all in a very relaxed way. It was a good night.

The clearing today was hard ( mostly clothes and papers) but we kept each other going and by mid afternoon we'd done enough to be satisfied. We also turned up some fascinating family stuff - like my great uncle's First War call up papers - and SO many photographs that O's new scanner may burn out!

( Go on - tell them that as a result of all the family tree investigations everyone's pretty sure you were the first member of your whole family to ever go to university - ed)

My tummy is still very sore - the tablets that the doc gave me have just upset it without really helping with the discomfort. Not sure what to do about that. It won't stop me travelling away with work this week but it won't make it easy.

Oh - and the shortlist of two possible houses for me has halved as a result of J and I having another look on Friday evening. But more on that in due course...

No comments: